can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dear Diary,
Last night I found myself at a private party in a bar in Lake Oswego with a bunch of parents. The boy was offered a gig taking pictures of the night, and he got to bring a date, me. There was an open bar and tiny burgers so obviously I went. This was a western themed evening complete with an electric bull and line dancing, and a lot of moms wearing expensive jeans and cowboy boots. I really enjoyed myself- it was interesting to be a fly on the wall observing what exactly affluent parents consider to be a good time. I suppose I wasn't just a fly on the wall, I did participate in the bull-riding, line dancing, and tequila. The whole evening was reassuring- you can be a parent and still go to raging parties. It certainly helps if you make enough money to rent out bars for entire evenings and completely deck them out for theme parties though.
Love,
Diana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home