can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Dear Diary,
I think that when people talk on their cell phones in the library, a librarian should come by and squirt them with a little spray bottle full of water. Maybe they could also hold up a little sign that said "leave, jerk!" It would be a humorous public way to let them know how much everyone around them wants to wring their neck. I think that once people realized what would happen to them if they talked on their phones they would stop altogether.
Today I was sitting between the library and Howard hall, where everyone sits when it is nice out, and this woman walked by with a cart full of china cups and a coffee tower. She was rolling the cart as slowly as she could, but all the cups of course toppled off and broke on the ground right when she was nearing the most crowded area. There was a big collective "Oooh..." from the crowd but then literally 14 people went over and helped her pick up everything that was broken. I got all warm and fuzzy watching that. I'm really going to miss college.
Love,
Diana

1 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I walked up to someone for the first time in my life who's loud cell phone talk was ruining my restaruant dinner. And he flipped me off and kept on talking. hmmm.

Boy am I glad your blog is back. I've missed the humour, the clever writing, the sarcasm, and especially this lil' bit of Diana in my life.
Love, A.L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home